|Grammy voters receiving their preliminary ballots this week are mystified to find that the category for Hawaiian music, placed within the field named “Folk Music,” now resides in a field renamed to “American Roots.”
Same field, new residents, new name.
For the record, the field includes Americana, bluegrass, traditional & contemporary blues, traditional & contemporary folk, Hawaiian, Native American, and Zydeco or Cajun.
pehea la hoʻi e pono ai? How are we to live in harmony?
- Take 5: Ka Ipo Lei Manu
- Thinking about the term “hula kui”
- 2017: Much of note (so far)
- Gifts of Support 2016
- Disneyʻs “Moana” — Musical Musings
- Aloha 2016!
- A mystery: “Nanea kō maka i ka leʻaleʻa”
- Hoʻolohe Hou Radio
- Bibliographies: Collections of Lyrics, Ukulele Books pages are up!
- kaleimailealii.net is stealing content again
All Rights ReservedCopyright © 2011 Amy Ku‘uleialoha Stillman, "Hawaiian Music for Listening Pleasure." Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material without express and written permission is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Amy Ku‘uleialoha Stillman and "Hawaiian Music for Listening Pleasure [https://amykstillman.wordpress.com]"